The employment component of the NCUS model is the second tier of our empowerment equation. NCUS has established workforce development partners with leading local and national employers, including:
The Ohio State University NCUS Outreach Magazine OSUWMC
Turner Construction Turner Model Workforce Construction Program
Central Ohio Workforce, Inc.
Franklin County Job and Family Services
Eddie Bauer Spiegel
Mahoning County Jobs and Family Services
Belfor Restoration, Inc.
And many more….
The National Center for Urban Solutions is committed to advancing our clients’ professional development so that your company can best optimize your learning and performance strategies to continue to drive excellent performance for your organization. The challenges you are currently facing in today’s economy is our opportunity to provide solutions. Our workshops are designed to equip your employees with the knowledge; tools and expertise to manage and compete in today’s ever changing workforce environment. For more information on specific course offerings and for class schedules and costs, please contact our offices.
Diversity and Inclusion
• Managing Diversity: Key Concepts and Strategies
• Leading Diverse Work Teams
• Intercultural Communication Strategies
• Diversity Recruiting and Interviewing
Communication and Interpersonal Relationships
• Dealing with Difficult People
• Urban Community Organizing and Engagement
• Building Winning Community Partnerships
• Successfully Dealing with Conflict
Management and Supervision
• Principles of Supervision
• Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
• Thinking Strategically
• Developing Mentors and Mentoring Programs
• Culturally Informed Leadership Skills
• Personal Influence and Leadership
Program and Service Development
• Developing Asset Oriented Programs and Services
• Successful Program Outreach, Engagement and Retention
• Relationship Oriented Professional Support
Small Business Development
- Marketing and Communications Services
- Business Plan and Goal Setting
- EDGE and MBE Certification Assistance
NCUS provides core and intensive workforce development services to individuals in need of skill development or a skill upgrade in order to reach socioeconomic self-sufficiency. We provide certified job training, workplace readiness and career coaching that prepares individuals to secure and retain employment with a focus on lifelong personal and professional development.
Youth Development Services:
A life skills program which challenges youth to explore their greatest potential for achievement with emphasis on improving academic success, classroom attendance, self-esteem and confidence. Through intense mentoring we assist in creating a life plan to reach their goals, develop leadership skills and insure high school graduation.
We provide a qualified workforce through our training to meet the employer’s needs. Our focus is to assist job seekers to obtain, retain or upgrade their employment.
Students in Training: Completion 100%
Students Trained: Employment Placement 90%
Communities where NCUS Trains & Employs: Crime Reduction 64%
• Work readiness & soft skills Take This Job & Love it Flyer
• Resume development
• Mock interviewing
• Online job search
• Financial literacy
• Computer basics
• Customized employer workshops
• Motivational workshop
NCUS provides workforce development expertise for both businesses and individuals to respond to today’s global economy. The company offers over 90 years of combined workforce knowledge with focused concentration on providing “urban solutions” to position companies and individuals. We help companies with workforce improvement on all levels from diversity inclusion, executive leadership and supervision, professional certification and basic skills training. For individuals; NCUS prepares the workforce for our employer partners by providing training customized to fit our clients’ staffing needs. We provide services to individuals in need of basic skills and those who need to upgrade their skills. Intensive case management and supportive services are provided to eliminate barriers to sustained employment. We have an employment retention rate of nearly 90%.